Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Manifesto

This is extremely hard for me as there are very few things about movies that i dislike. Let's face it, movies are entertainment and as long as something is interesting and semi-professional, it's hard to go wrong. I still laugh and awful horror movies just because they are so cheesy i and unrealistic i can't even allow myself suspension of disbelief. What i hate watching however is bad acting. I know it's hard to find good acting sometimes but it is an obvious show or low amount of funding (or poor budget management) for a movie if the actors aren't believable. I understand if they are youtube videos and student films however cause there is virtually no funding. THere isn't one concrete attribute that makes great movies nor is there a bad trick that never works on any film. If a movie is done creative, orginal, or just interesting to me i'll watch it and most likely enjoy it. I'm not interested in movies to create breakthrough artistic achievments. Let's just use movies for what they're great at, promoting ideas and understanding for the human condition. Which is that we can do whatever we want within the bounds of our own perception.

1 comment:

  1. I think the tone you've written this in is really casual and laid back. In my mind a manifesto should be much bolder and even provoking. I think the ideas you have are solid, but you should rewrite in order to present them in a more concrete way.

    ReplyDelete